Friday, January 3, 2014

Plans to Honor Sp5 Wyley Wright at Arlington on 50th Anniversary of His Death in Vietnam


Dear Family and Friends of the 114th, Knights of the Air,

I thought I would inform you that I have been working to get my father moved from a segregated cemetery in Jacksonville, Florida to Arlington National Cemetery.  My goal is to have the reburial March 10, the closest day possible for reburial, to the 50th Anniversary of my father's death in Viet Nam, March 9, 1964.

I am waiting on Arlington to confirm the date, since I have provided them with all the paperwork they required to qualify my father for burial there and I am waiting on a response from the Secretary of the Army, McHugh about flying my father's body from Jacksonville to Arlington in a helicopter.  I think that would be appropriate.

I will let you know when the plans are complete and you are all welcome.  My goal is for the ceremony to be 11 a.m., Monday, March 10th.  If there are any suggestions for the ceremony or anything I can do to expedite the process for moving my father, please let me know.

Thank you for all the information I have received from 114th soldiers after I posted a tribute on the  company's website.  Information like the attached photos.

I also included a letter from Commander Young to my mother that I found shortly after beginning my correspondence with some of the member of the 114th.

I wrote about the experience of finding out info over the Internet in this tribute to my Dad.


I haven't been in touch of late.  I have been on the battlefield of a different war, the financial wars--that have harmed our country in a way that I don't believe most people have realized or understood.  Here are some clips of me standing up for a Tuskegee Airman,  Benjamin Reed.  He was a few years older than my Dad, who would have been 82 on his December 7, (Pearl Harbor Day), 2013.  I have just found out this week that Mr. Reed passed, December 24 (Christmas Eve). His last year of life was fighting a corporation that his service allowed to grow strong and do business in the country he protect.  Unbelievable.





At the age of 60 with three grandkids of my own, never thought I would have to take to the streets of San Francisco in this nation, just to get a fair deal for hardworking Americans.

All the best to you all.  I know over the years emails have changed as mine has, so feel free to forward to anyone you think might be interested, especially since I may have a wrong email address.

God bless America!

Still a Soldier's Daughter,
Jackie Wright
415 525 0410










No comments: